Other Names and Spellings:
History of the Chutor
Chutor Alexandrowka appeared on maps by name as early as 1860. It was situated less than one mile east of Novo Alexandrovka. The chutor did not appear on maps after 1918.
The Odessa Kalendar [OdKal] listed the chutor in the Glückstal Wolost, and presumably also listed the name Suworowo. That name Suworowo has not been found on period maps in this location.
This place name does not appear on the Stumpp map [StumppMOd], in Mertens' German-Russian Handbook [Mertens], nor does it appear in the the GCRA Points-of-Origin [Glückstal-2021]. Aside from its listing in the Odessa Kalendar [OdKal] as being in the Glückstal Wolost in the years 1897-1898 and 1900-1903, there is no other evidence of Germans having lived in this chutor and no surnames associated with it. Perhaps it was only in these brief years when Glückstalers farmed this chutor. The decreasing amount of land did not bode well for it. Perhaps more evidence will be found in time to add to the story.
Page last updated 14 March 2022